MedCo Network Architecture
Entities that need to connect to a machine running MedCo can be categorized as follow:
- System administrators: Persons administrating the MedCo node. Likely to remain inside the clinical site internal network.
- End-users: Researchers using MedCo to access the shared. Likely to remain inside the clinical site internal network.
- Other MedCo nodes: MedCo nodes belonging to other clinical sites of the network.
The following ports should be accessible by the listed entities, which makes IP address white-listing possible:
- Port 22, 5432 (TCP): System Administrators
- Port 80 (TCP): End-Users (HTTP automatic redirect to HTTPS (443))
- Port 443 (TCP): System Administrators, End-Users, Other MedCo Nodes
- Ports 2000-2001 (TCP): Other MedCo Nodes